Lawson Products Announces Stockholder Approval of Merger Agreements for Strategic Combination with TestEquity and Gexpro Services
The consummation of the mergers remains subject to certain other closing conditions, including, among others, receipt of proceeds of debt financing in an amount sufficient for the payment of certain payoff indebtedness, transaction expenses and other fees and expenses in connection with the mergers. Lawson expects to complete the mergers in the second quarter of 2022.
Founded in 1952,
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This Press Release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, that involve risks and uncertainties. The terms “aim,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “contemplates,” “continues,” “could,” “ensure,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecasts,” “if,” “intend,” “likely,” “may,” “might,” “objective,” “outlook,” “plan,” “positioned,” “potential,” “predict,” “probable,” “project,” “shall,” “should,” “strategy,” “will,” “would,” and other words and terms of similar meaning and expression are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements can also be identified by the fact that they do not relate strictly to historical or current facts. Such forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and involve inherent risks, uncertainties, and assumptions, including factors that could delay, divert or change any of them, and could cause actual outcomes to differ materially from current expectations. Lawson can give no assurance that any goal or plan set forth in forward-looking statements can be achieved and Lawson cautions readers not to place undue reliance on such statements, which speak only as of the date made. Lawson undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to forward-looking statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Actual results may differ materially from those projected as a result of certain risks and uncertainties. Certain risks associated with Lawson’s business are also discussed from time to time in the reports Lawson files with the
- the possibility that the mergers will not be consummated, and the possibility of delays in consummating the mergers;
- the possibility that the closing conditions set forth in either of the merger agreements will not be satisfied, including among others the receipt of proceeds of debt financing in an amount sufficient for the payment of certain payoff indebtedness, transaction expenses and other fees and expenses in connection with the mergers;
- unanticipated difficulties or expenditures relating to the mergers;
- the occurrence of any event, change or circumstance that could give rise to the termination of the merger agreements;
- the risk that stockholder litigation in connection with the mergers may prevent or delay the consummation of the mergers and/or result in significant costs of defense, indemnification, and liability; and
any problems arising in combining the businesses of Lawson,
TestEquityand Gexpro Services, which may result in the combined company not operating as effectively and efficiently as expected.
Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer